The main job a Librarian is to look after all the tasks that are performed in a library. Today we will clear all your doubts about how to write a resume for a Librarian post. This is the right place for you to stop your search.
Your Librarian resume must reflect your knowledge of how the process in the library works. You must be able to allocate books to users, keep track of them, take them back on time, collect fines from those who have submitted the books late, maintain a record of the books that the library needs, and so on. Having knowledge of all these tasks gives you a lead in the race of securing the job. You must also be able to show that how punctual you are and how much cleanliness you love. You must be well aware of the MS Excel, which you need to maintain records and track.
In addition to this, you must also be able to mention all the roles and duties that you have perfumed at the past organization. These duties must be different from the normal tasks that you need to perform at library. This will help you secure the job.
116 9th Avenue Southwest
Dedicated Librarian specializing in [Skill set] and collection development. Stays up-to-date on new library technologies.
Hawk Ridge Elementary
Graduated November 2012
Library Square Public House
January 2015 – Present
- Oversaw total library program, including media, catalog and instructional areas
- Taught kids about library practices via individual and group instruction
- Trained [Number] library staff to work at the circulation desk
- Directed the activities of [Number] library technicians
- Organized library catalog, supplies, equipment and records
- Located requested books on the shelves and in the library database using [Software program]
- Increased the library’s collection by [Number]% in the course of [Number] years
- Answered patrons’ queries through the library’s online conversation reference service
- Assisted library patrons with resolving computer problems
- Regularly updated and revamped the library website
Library of Congress FCU
February 2013 – December 2014
- Checked in, checked out and renewed library materials using [Software name].
- Received and processed [Number] new acquisitions for the library per [Time period].
- Trained staff, students and faculty on the use of library technology.
- Copied controlled reference materials and collected fees.
- Offered [Number] computer classes to students, faculty and staff each [Time period].
- Collected and analyzed statistics on program data and usage using [Software name].
- Resolved patrons’ complaints tactfully and professionally.
- Written and oral communication: Beginner
- Reading and teaching: Competent
- Database management: Beginner
- Administrative support: Beginner
- Customer service: Intermediate
- Technical programs: Competent
- Reference assistance: Advanced
- Material check-in and check-out: Expert
- Shelf reading: Intermediate
- Circulation desk: Advanced
- Material shelving: Expert
- Inter-library loans: Competent
- Computer assistance: Expert
- Children’s programs: Competent
- Patron registration: Advanced
- Spearheaded and directed the reopening of the [Municipality Name] Library System, comprised of [Number] libraries.
- Earned “[Award]” award for [Reason].
- Developed the computer training materials currently taught throughout the [County name] County Library System.
- Named “Employee of the Year” at [Library Name] in [Year].
- Reduced annual library costs by [Number]% by [Action taken].